What Is PTA Reflections?
PTA Reflections is America’s oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. The program was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork.
How does it work?
Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through film production, dance choreography, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts. All students must follow the general participation rules, as well as rules for each arts category. All artwork must be created within the same year of competition. Students are welcome to enter more than one art entry and can participate in more than one art category.
Reflect on the theme. Create an original work. Be recognized.
- A Title and Artist Statement is required.
- Entries must be the original work of one student only.
- A participant may enter as many times as he or she would like to.
- A participant may enter in as many art categories as he or she would like to.
- No copyrighted material can be used.
- For additional rules specific to each category, see the Abridged Guidelines for Reflections on the left.
For many more details or if you have any questions, contact: Sheeja Shaj at firstname.lastname@example.org