5th Grade Band
Fun & Rewarding...
Participating in the school band program is a fun and rewarding opportunity for 5th grade students. We have at least two performances throughout the year. Participating in elementary band better prepares students for band in middle and high school. If you would like more information about the wonderful music program Madison offers, please visit RBUSD's 5th Grade Band webpage and/or e-mail our fantastic music teachers, Yvonne Zoetewey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Eric Buchen at email@example.com.
Benefits of Participating in a music program
- Research shows when music is included in a student's daily learning that reading, writing, and math scores improve.
- There is a high correlation between positive self-perception, healthy self-esteem, total interest in school activities, and the study of music.
- College admission officers give special consideration to students who participate in their high school music programs.
- Employers often seek out students who are a part of their high school music programs because of the student's ability to solve problems and work well with all kinds of people.
- There is a strong bond of friendship that forms among musicians. This bond gives musicians a sense of support and belonging that will follow them through their educational career.