About Madison PTA
Madison Elementary PTA has been positively impacting the lives of children and families in our Redondo Beach community since 1957. We are proud to be part of the Redondo Beach Council of PTAs and Thirty-third District PTA within California State PTA, and proud to be a 2017-2019 National PTA School of Excellence.
Whether you are new to PTA, returning to see what is changing or happening within our school community, or looking for a way to get involved. We invite you here, to learn the impact of our PTA and the importance of your involvement.
WHAT IS PTA?
The PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is an organization comprised of parents, teachers, school staff and the community working together to positively impact the lives of all children and families. We build strong, collaborative relationships between parents, teachers and the school, which in turn provides a successful learning community for our kids. Through PTA sponsored programs, meeting and events, we provide opportunities to build our community and provide input and support around decisions affecting our school.OurMadison PTA is made up of hard-working parents, teachers, and staff who pool their talents to provide practical support for our school and our kids. Our 2019-20 Executive Board & Chairs all volunteered to provide leadership this year, so get to know them, and feel free to ask them if you have questions. We are all here to do good things for the students and families at Madison Elementary!
WHY SUPPORT PTA
When we support the PTA, we show our children the importance of teamwork, volunteerism, and working together toward a common goal. We become familiar with the teachers and staff, which builds community and keeps us informed of what's happening in our school. That's why we encourage everyone, including your students to join Madison PTA!
Also, your annual PTA memberships and donations help us meet our school’s needs that are outside the scope of the school's budget. Plus, it gives you a voice at our school and entitles you to some amazing member-only perks available at capta.org/join/member-perks/
PTA Membership does not require you to volunteer, but when you do go that extra step and help with any PTA program, you set a fine example for our kids and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.
Please help us make a difference at Madison Elementary! Click here to find out how to join Madison PTA!
HOW TO SUPPORT OUR PTA
Support for our PTA comes in many forms. Attending meetings regularly to keep informed, volunteering, and participation in PTA activities are all vital ways we can do our part to strengthen our community.
PTA activities, especially academic enrichment and extracurricular support, do however require funding. The PTA raises these funds through various passive opportunities throughout the year, as well as major fundraisers like our annual Jog-A-Ton, Book Fairs, Fall Cash Drive and Silent Auction.
WHAT ARE THE FUNDS USED FOR?
- Assemblies (e.g., Do Good Be Kind, Literature Assembly, Science Fair, etc.)
- Battle of the Books
- Classroom Grants (equivalent to $10 per student)
- Family Fun Events (e.g., Family Ice Skating, Family Bowling, Family Dance, etc.)
- Field Day (last day of school)
- Field Trips (for all grade levels TK-5th; equivalent to $25 per student; buses alone run about $1,100)
- Halloween Carnival
- Hands on Art Program (for all grade levels TK-5th)
- Movie Nights
- Multicultural Night
- Parent Ed Nights
- PTA Reflections (National PTA Arts Program)
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Night
- Scholastic News (for all grade levels TK-5th)
- School Gifts (e.g., playground benches, PA System, etc.)
- STAReading (Students Thrilled About Reading)
- Student Awards & Scholarships
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
And so much more! We are working on Science Fair to go along with our STEM Night, and another Literature Assembly with a well-known children's author!
We are able to offer these things thanks to the generous help and support of Madison Elementary families and PTA Sponsors. For more information about how to raise money to support the PTA, please visit the Fundraising page.
DONATE NOW TO MADISON PTA
- Become a Member & Donate to Madison PTA with TOTEM
- Donate to Madison PTA with PayPal
- Donate during our PTA Fall Cash Drive (Fall)
- Donate during our PTA Jog-A-Thon (Spring)