School Health Office
Madison School has a health office, staffed by the school health clerk, Mrs. Allen-Jett. The health office provides help in the event of sudden illness or injury at school and will notify parents or guardians if a child needs to go home or seek further medical attention.
Parents - please make sure that you fill out the emergency information cards and flyers in your back-to-school packet so that the school can contact you in the event of an emergency. Please contact the School Office if any emergency information changes.
The school health office appreciates donations of gently used clothing that can be loaned to students in the event of accidents or mishaps. Loaned clothing should be washed and returned to the school in good condition the next day. If you have any used clothing for boys and girls aged 5-11 that you would like to donate, please send it to the school office.
Illness and Attendance
It is important for students to attend school on a regular basis but it is equally important to keep them at home when they are too sick to attend! You should keep your child at home if s/he has any of the following symptoms, and keep them home until any fever or symptoms have subsided for 24 hours:
- Fever measured at or above 100°F.
- Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- Flu symptoms such as: body aches, fever, headaches, sore throat.
- Undiagnosed skin conditions that may be contagious.
- Conjunctivitis (pinkeye).
You may send your child to school with minor conditions such as:
- Ear infections (under treatment, with no pain, drainage or fever).
- Minor colds (clear runny nose, coughing, sneezing, no fever).
- Strep throat or other infections (after 24 hours of treatment, with no symptoms or fever).
If you need to keep your child home from school, please contact the school office at 310-798-8623 or click here as soon as possible to explain their absence. Please also send an explanatory note with your child on their return to school.